All foreign citizens coming to Belarus need to be registered, which is a very simple procedure that doesn’t take a lot of time. However, there are some subtleties you should take into account if you want to stay out of problems.
The registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons is carried out in the following places:
- at hotels, sanatoria or health complex (both according to the statement of the foreigner, and according to written petitions of the accepting organizations).
- in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Belarus;
- in the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Republic of Belarus.
Exemption from registration applies to the following persons:
- members of governmental, parliamentary and other official delegations and their technicians.
- citizens of Russia, Lithuania, Latvia and Ukraine, if they are coming to Belarus for a period of up to 30 days.
The foreigner is obliged to be reregistered within 5 days if they change a residence during their stay in Belarus (except for the days off, public holidays and holidays).
Foreigners who entered Belarus at checkpoints across the state border can go through the electronic registration process on the official website portal.gov.by, which is free. However, this procedure is not available for those foreigners who arrive in Belarus from Russia. They must apply personally to the migration office of the local law enforcement department in Belarus.
If you stay at a hotel, registration will be executed by its employee after passport presentation. This service is free and takes a few minutes.
If you stay at relatives, friends’ home or on the private apartment, you and the owner of the apartment need to address in Department of Citizenship and Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of a corresponding residence. There you will have to show your passport and insurance policy, fill the special form and pay the national duty (0,5 basic sizes).
As you can see, there is nothing complicated if you possess all the necessary information. Therefore, don’t forget about registration and enjoy your visit to Belarus!