In order to cross the border of Belarus, citizens must follow a special set of rules established by Belarusian and international legislation. In case of violation of these requirements visitors are held administratively responsible (warning with or without deportation, or a fine of up to 50 base values).
At the checkpoints foreign citizens are forbidden:
- To obstruct the implementation of border and other controls.
- To leave money in the documents, as it can be considered as bribery;
- To offer or to hand over officials any valuables;
- To talk on the phone, film or take photos;
The following is prohibited on the territory between the Belarusian border and the corresponding checkpoint:
- Parking of vehicles;
- Loading / unloading of passengers;
- Cargo-handling operations;
- Presence of individuals not related to border crossing
You will not have to pay the duty if the total weight of the goods for personal use in your luggage does not exceed 50 kilos and their total value does not exceed €1500. This also applies to alcoholic beverages, beer and tobacco products. There must be no more than 3 liters of alcohol and 200 cigarettes (either 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco). And, of course, import of alcohol and tobacco products for persons under 18 years old is prohibited.
The customs value of precious metals and precious stones must not exceed 25,000 USD. Be also ready to fill out the declaration if you have more than $10 000 in cash. Firearms, military equipment, drugs, poisons, radioactive and explosive materials are forbidden to be imported into Belarus.