If you plan to stay in it for more than 90 days, then the conclusion marriage with a Belarusian citizen is the ground for applying for a temporary residence permit for up to 1 year with the possibility of further extension. A temporary residence permit is a sticker in your passport.

You can get a temporary residence for different reasons; among them is a concluded marriage with a foreign citizen, permanently residing in the Republic of Belarus.

Unfortunately, there isn’t positive feedback regarding the management of the release of the residency permit for spouses. In this case, you can decide between a temporary Belarus residency permit for one year or a long-term Belarus residency permit. The second one is more versatile but also requires a longer and more complex release procedure.


Documents needed to obtain a temporary residence permit in Belarus

  • An Application for the issuance of TRP;
  • Passport with its notarized translation (if applicable);
  • Registration at the place of residence (we have earlier wrote about how to obtain it);
  • Documents confirming one of the grounds for obtaining a TRP, for example, a confirmation that you are married to a foreigner.
  • Confirmation of the payment of state duty. As of March 2018, the amount of state duty is equal to three basic values. One basic value is 24.5 rubles (~10 EUR). For adolescents under 14 years, foreign investors and those who apply for asylum, this procedure is free;
  • Insurance policy.

If you are a family member of a foreign citizen who also obtains a TRP, you need to provide a letter confirming the legal source of income. For example, an extract from a bank account, an employment contract. Making a permit takes 15 days. However, if you receive a TRP in connection with the marriage, then the procedure might take up to 30 days. They say, in some cases, it can be issued even in the same day.

Another case to obtain a residence for married couples is a family reunion.

The following categories of citizens have the right to be reunited with their families:

  • husband;
  • wife;
  • minors and adopted persons;
  • single and unmarried children and adopted children over the age of 18;
  • incapacitated parents and adoptive parents.